Archive

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Define Success

[ Qouted from my previous blog ]

Few months back i've been defining " Success ". Actually what meaning does success carry? Success means different things to different person. To me that time, success means when you can tell your parents :" dad, mom, you can rest now, leave everything behind to me, i can take care of the family."

Some agree with me, some of them teased me. They teased because they cannot believe these words are actually coming out of my mouth! Yes, being ambitious and doing nothing to prove is bullshit. I agree with them. Before i can prove myself that i can do that, Success is nowhere near me.

Success is not a matter of money, fame or fortune;
rather its a representation of one's appreciation
.

I finally made a conclusion with the words above. Do you guys agree with me? But dont misunderstand the meaning of "appreciation" i carry. I dont mean that if you are satisfied in everything you do, you are successful; to me that is an insult to the word success. The "appreciation" i mean is when you give your best to be the best you can be, with no regrets even if you fail.

To me, one can only persue "appreciation" after he/she already have the basic standards in life. Means when he's free economically, free emotionally and free to do anything, then only he can start to ask for more to appreciate. Else, how can he/she ask for more to persue when he cant even giv the best to his family? to himself?

However, these are only my thoughts, they're not words from a successful person. :-P But i think its nothing wrong to point out my opinion =) So feel free to comment me.

6 comments:

TD GAN said...

Quite well written, but b careful with your spelling. "pursue" not 'persue'.

ChiaKhai said...

=P Misake... Thanks daddy =D

Anonymous said...

work hard! and you will get succeed!

ChiaKhai said...

Thanks !!! =D

Tan Chia Hui said...

haha... yo dad really something :D

ChiaKhai said...

Well, he IS my dad~ XD